Thursday, July 13, 2006

A ball of a time

Yesterday, from work i went straight to my recreational paradise, read as Fun square (bowling company) in Lokhanwalla, Andheri. I have been a bowling buff for sometime now and do spend a lot of time knocking pins down. And it was yesterday that i had one of my watershed days in this brutal activity of decimating pins as strike after strike dissolved the vulnerable targets in a blinding flash of white!

My score sheet read (after 4 games) 167,222,161 and 225, the last one being a clean game! So that made for a stupendous average of 193 for 4 games. That officially is now my new record for the highest average for 4 games or more. Awesome it has been! Awesome it will be!

When i was in chennai last week, i did some serious shopping for books with my sister who took me to a really nifty bookstore that had the most obscure books at really ground-level prices. I bought 14 books (8 of them being bestsellers) for Rs 750 or US$18. Nothing can beat that. Have already finished Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Omerta by Mario Puzo and am currently devouring Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. Recommend all the above for the discerning bibliophile.

More in my next.

1 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Saumil said...

I still can't believe you got all those books for just 18$ .. lol.. I paid that much for just one of the many books you picked up .. have a fun time reading !

By the way I last went bowling on my b'day, and that was after a hiatus of over a coupla yrs ... my score was a shame if you compare with yours, but doin' it after 2 yrs and gettin' a 140+ is decent acc. to me !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home