Sunday, July 30, 2006

All things pure and joyful

Several things have happened to me in the recent past that have made me take a walk outside myself and enjoy the simplest joys of life, and touch that imperceptible membrane between nature and man's struggle to become part of it. Everytime such an incident has taken place that has given me reason to smile, i have felt surprisingly refreshed mentally and reassured emotionally that there is a lot of things around us that can change the way we look at life. So a few quick excerpts!! This will be a series of blog articles i reckon so the TBC at the end is left unstated.

- GT 1. I am making my way through the streets of Baroda in a chauffered car, from the airport to my guest house and we make remarkably slow progress not because of badly maintained roads or anything but because of the hordes of cows that seem to have invaded Baroda! And these are not your normal cows, these are your super-cool-check-me-out-dont-mess-with-me kinda bovine mastadons! They stand ever so happy bang in the middle of the road, lolling their long rubbery feisty tongue out unmindful of the fact that there is an Innovo right behind them filled with people with better things to do than ogle at their tongue. In a city known for its growing industrial economy and commerce, these cows decide who gets to work and when! They reminded me of the junkies i saw in goa, completely doped out and at peace with the world!

- GT 2. I am taking a flight out of Baroda to Mumbai and I need to board the plane. Waiting for the connecting bus to take me (there is a slight drizzle and the air is chill) when a very well-meaning airline official told me that i was free to walk across the tarmac with my trolley and board the plane. So far so good. But when i looked at the sprawling "tarmac", all that my eyes could take in was a magnificent puddle of water stretching from just after the step i was standing on all the way to the aircraft. And i smiled once again.

-GT 3. This one involves a chuppy, a pink dolphin and a photo-shoot which i shall elaborate on in my sequel to this post. But for the first time in as long as i can remember, my eyes welled up with tears of joy, overwhelmed by the purity that nature manifests itself in in every walk of life and then how we (mankind) systematically proceed to wreck all the good work done.

3 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Kedar said...

Baroda and cows go hand in hand... If you haven't crashed your bike into a cow, you haven't roamed around baroda!!

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Quirky Quill said...

when driving in baroda, also look out for the uniquely baroda indicator-and auto driver putting out his foot out daintily to tell you that he's turning right and that if you continue on ur current course, you will bang your car and the fault of not noticing his dirty foot doing a mid-air bharatnatyam, is solely yours.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Quirky Quill said...

chuppy says you are as cute as that dolphin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home